Advisory Committee Meeting 04-09-14
Jump to navigation Jump to search
AccessText Advisory Meeting 4/9/2014
- 80,000 requests in 2013
- On track for ~100,000 requests this year
- 11,790 stored files
- Automated fulfillment accounts for significant reduction in average fulfillment time.
- Two publishers joined ATN since the last advisory meeting:
- Dunedin Academic Press, based in Scotland
- Ramsey Education Solutions - a consumer financial information company. They are only listing two titles on ATN.
- Bob and Christpher Lee attended AAP General Meeting in New York, then presented to AAP Executive Committee.
- Ed McCoyd noted that presentation was well-received.
- ATIA webinar discount promotion
- The Assistive Technology Industry Association (ATIA) offered a 5% discount to ATN members signing up for webinars in March.
- About a dozen members took advantage of the offer.
- Bob would like to try this again in June when schools have to spend down budget.
- ATIA webinar page: http://www.atia.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=4381
- T-Base Communications became an ATN sponsor.
- Sonocent became an ATN sponsor
- CSUN Conference report
- Trip Narup reported good turnouts at his presentations (possibly due to the 'bow-tie' effect).
- Bob noted high level of publisher presence, such as Pearson having a booth in the exhibit are.
- Bob's presentation was on consumer challenges caused by multiplying options and digital platforms.
- Review of conference - http://www.afb.org/afbpress/pub.asp?DocID=aw150403
- Interesting article - http://rteducation.com/there-is-no-bubble-in-edtech/
- AHEAD National Conference, July 14-19, Sacramento, California
- ATN to sponsor President's Reception - Wednesday, July 16th from 5 to 7pm.
- ATN publisher members encouraged to attend reception and conference.
- In the past, ATN has communicated through General Newsletter, Publisher Newsletter, Bulletin Board, Webinars
- Bob noted that all of these communication channels require constant upkeep and are not effective if content is not relevant to users.
- ATN will partner with other agencies to provide useful information to members.
- The AAP has established a new Twitter account and will tweet about ATN. You can find them at @HEPublishers.
- The two highest-priority publishers to recruit for ATN are Wolters Kluwer and Oxford University Press.
- Liz Delfs suggested a webinar based on Bob's CSUN presentation.
- Bob suggested that ATN members are a good source for survey information.
- George Kerscher said he may have a survey in mind.
- Another survey topic is how accessible are OER (open educational resource) materials.