ATN Exchange Details
Textbook File Exchange Library Available With Premium Membership
AccessText Network publishers have authorized us to allow schools who have student-ready alternate media of complete textbooks in PDF, Word, DAISY, KESI, braille (embossed or electronic), and MP3 formats to exchange those files with other member schools.
Schools who contribute 25 or more files to the Exchange receive 12 months of access to the Exchange for free. If you contribute 50 or more files in one 12 month period it will count towards one additional year only.
Submission criteria for Exchange files
- Your office performed additional work on the file to make it more accessible for a student or to convert it to a different format. You will be given the opportunity to describe the work you performed when uploading the file to the Exchange.
We can accept files for books by publishers who have agreed to participate in the Exchange. Currently, those publishers are:
- BookLand Press
- Cengage Learning
- ECS Publishing
- Elsevier / Lawrence Erlbaum Associates
- F.A. Davis Company
- Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Kogan Page
- Labyrinth Learning
- Lynne Rienner Publishers
- OpenStax, Rice University
- Pearson Education
- Pyrczak Publishing
- Quintessence Publishing
- Rodale Books
- SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Springer Publishing
- W.W. Norton
- Wolters Kluwer/Aspen Publishers-LEGAL EDUCATION
Suggested Guidelines for PDF
- Please note that you can contribute PDF files that do not meet all the below criteria. These are simply suggestions of how you could make the PDF more accessible.
- Files will have the text of the book in selectable format, either from the source file or by OCR.
- Files will be tagged with standard PDF tags to reflect the major divisions of the book and one or more levels of sub-sections as appropriate to provide useful navigation.
- Files will be Bookmarked with standard PDF bookmarks to reflect the major divisions of the book and one or more levels of sub-sections as appropriate to provide useful navigation.
- Files will have the appropriate language setting made.
- If the original file source was a publisher file, pages will be cropped to remove any extraneous markings.
- The page numbers as displayed in Acrobat will reflect the physical page numbers of the book.
- Tab order is set to ‘use document structure’.
Suggested Guidelines for Word
- Please note that you can contribute DOC files that do not meet all the below criteria. These are simply suggestions of how you could make the DOC more accessible.
- Files will have standard Word heading styles applied to reflect the major divisions of the book and one or more levels of sub-sections as appropriate to provide useful navigation to the material.
- Relevant images have alternative text added.
How to Submit Files
Upload an individual file within the application
Mail multiple files on a CD or DVD
You can submit files by mail by burning them to a CD or DVD and mailing to:
AccessText File Exchange
512 Means Street, Suite 250
Atlanta, Georgia 30318
Please include a spreadsheet or other listing that gives the ISBNs of the books being submitted.