ATN Exchange Details
Textbook File Exchange Library Available With Exchange Membership
Select AccessText Network publishers have authorized us to allow schools who have student-ready alternate media formats of textbooks to exchange those files with other member schools. The Exchange is a repository of files on AccessText that have been remediated by our post-secondary members. The purpose of the Exchange is to reduce duplicate post-production work on publisher files. The Exchange is an add-on to your AccessText account. This optional membership in the Exchange gives you access to download these Exchange files.
How to Renew or Obtain Exchange Membership
Make a donation of 25 post-production books (KES, DOC, PDF, TXT, MP3, etc...) per year or choose the annual subscription fee of $250 in order to have an Exchange membership which allows you to request Exchange files. If you prefer to pay the subscription fee, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-271-4968 and we will prepare an invoice for you.
- NOTE: Whether or not you choose to be an Exchange member does not affect your regular ATN membership that is free and does not need to be renewed and allows you to request files from publishers.
Submission criteria for Exchange files
- Your office performed additional work on the publisher file or scanned document to make it more accessible for a student and/or to convert it to a different format. You will be given the opportunity to describe the work you performed when uploading the file to the Exchange. Your description will help others know whether your file will help their student.
How to Submit Files
Upload an individual file within the application
- Search by ISBN.
- Click on the ISBN13 to navigate to the title record.
- Click on "Submit an Exchange File
- If you have multiple files for one title, put them all in a folder and zip it. (On Windows 7, to zip a folder, you right click on it and choose 'send to - compressed (zipped) folder'.)
- Click on Choose File. Select your file or your zipped folder.
- Describe the file you are submitting by populating all of the below fields.
- Click Upload
Publishers That Allow Exchange Requests
We can accept files for books by publishers who have agreed to participate in the Exchange. Currently, those publishers are:
- BookLand Press
- Cengage Learning
- Charles C. Thomas
- Cicero Books
- ECS Publishing
- Elsevier / Lawrence Erlbaum Associates
- F.A. Davis Company
- Hawkes Learning
- Hackett Publishing Company
- Human Kinetics, Inc
- Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Kogan Page
- Labyrinth Learning
- Lynne Rienner Publishers
- Morton Publishing
- Mujo Learning Systems, Inc.
- OpenStax, Rice University
- Pearson Education
- Pyrczak Publishing
- Quintessence Publishing
- Rodale Books
- SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Sidney K. Edelman / ESP Ultrasound
- SLACK Incorporated
- Springer Publishing
- Vista Higher Learning
- W.W. Norton
- Wolters Kluwer/Aspen Publishers-LEGAL EDUCATION
How to Request an Exchange File
- If the ISBN you are requesting has an Exchange file, then you will see a 4th box on the right hand pane that says Exchange and you will also notice the Exchange tab appears at the bottom of the request and Exchange File will be a choice in the Request Type drop-down.
- What is the Exchange?
- A repository of files on ATN that have been remediated* and contributed by ATN members.
- Does this change my regular ATN membership?
- No. Your regular ATN membership remains free.
- Am I already a member of the Exchange?
- Yes. We gave everyone free membership in the Exchange through June 30, 2018. This means that right now everyone has the ability to request Exchange files.
- How do I request an Exchange file?
- If an Exchange file has been contributed for a book you are requesting, you will see the option to request it in the 'Request Type' drop-down, as well as an additional box on the right hand pane that explains what an Exchange file is. You will also see an Exchange Files tab at the bottom of the request where you can click to view the description of the work done on the file.
- What are the requirements for the files?
- Let's make it simple: the only thing you can't contribute is a publisher file that you have NOT changed in ANY way. (We already have those!)
- What if I have a book split into chapters that I want to contribute?
- Simply put all the separate files into a folder and zip the folder. Then upload the zipped file in ATN.
- How do I contribute an exchange file?
- Simply search for the ISBN on the copyright page of the file you'd like to contribute, then click on the ISBN13 at the top of the request record, then click on 'Submit an Exchange File'.
- What if I need help or have questions?
- Call us at 866-271-4968 or send us an email at email@example.com.
- How can I keep my Exchange membership past June 30, 2018?
- Contribute 25 files (as mentioned above) OR pay $250 for the year.
- What if I can't accomplish either of the Exchange renewal methods by June 30?
- Your Exchange membership will expire on June 30, but you can renew it at any future time by contributing files or paying the annual fee.
- What if I don't want to be an Exchange member?
- You don't have to lift a finger! Your current Exchange membership will expire on June 30, 2018. (Again, your regular ATN membership will remain in place and unchanged.)
- Where can I find FULL details on the Exchange?
- Read the above page and if it doesn't answer your question, call or email us (see bullet below).
- Call or email us with your questions: 866-271-4968 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remediated means that one has modified/enhanced a file for the purpose of making it more accessible.