Advisory Meeting 9 11 12
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 09:30, 14 January 2016 by Srunkle3 (Created page with " AccessText Advisory Meeting Tuesday, September 11, 2012 =Agenda= ==Application Updates== *Amazon Web Services S3 Storage **New storage system is working well. No problems...")
AccessText Advisory Meeting Tuesday, September 11, 2012
- Amazon Web Services S3 Storage
- New storage system is working well. No problems reported. Improvement in download of larger files.
- Automated fulfillment
- Will allow publishers to speed fulfillment process for stored files. To be rolled out in October.
- 1,602 members (plus alternate media centers)
- 55,360 requests from 9/1/11 to 9/1/12
- Bob noted that students with disabilities could potentially represent a significant percentage of the etextbook market.
- 2009: 369
- 2010: 938
- 2011: 1,212
- 2012: 1,321 (YTD)
- TOTAL: 3,840
- This shows an increase in the number of custom and bundled titles that are not included in publishers retail ONIX feeds.
- SAGE Publications
- CQ Press parent company working on amendment to ATN contract to include SAGE.
- Files stored for download: 7,246
- Accessing Higher Ground
- Re-emphasis on higher-ed track to attract more higher-ed attendees.
- Dolphin EasyConverter
- CommonLook PDF
- STEPP etextbook program
- SAM - student accomodation manager
- Kurzweil firefly
- Dolphin SaySo
- ATIA Preview
- -T-Base TBA
Accessible Textbook Finder Update
- New Partners
- ISBN searches: 3,300
- Title searches: 1,322
- Results (click-throughs)
- ATN: 2,045
- Learning Ally: 992
- CourseSmart: 578
- Bookshare: 449
- AMAC: 340
- VitalSource: 145
- NLS: 56
- Project Gutenberg: 14
- 137 Members
- 2,041 Files
- 120 requests
- Exchange continues to grow slowly.
More discussion about making DSS offices and students aware of accessibility features of publisher etextbooks. Potential for webinar or other informational presentation on this topic.
Julie noted a recent increase in wait times for etexts. Bob noted overall fulfillment times are faster than in previous years.